Dragonborn, Dragonborn, by his honor is swown,
to keep evil forever at bay!
And the fiercest foes rout when they hear triumph's shout,
Dragonborn, for your blessing we pray!
Hints and Tips
The following hints and tips are for the PC version, however some may apply to all versions of the game.
- save, save, save! You never know when disaster will strike! use quicksave (F5) often! Save to a main file after you level up
or finish a quest.
- Grab everything of value. Sell all but important weapons and armor. Selling not only gives you gold, it also raises your
- Get the Woodcutter's Axe and find a chopping block. Riverwood lumbermill is a good place to start selling firewood
for a quick profit.
- Head over to Winterhold as soon as you can and join the College. Pass the entry test (cast the spell you bought for 30 gold
on the symbol near you). Just to the right of the entrance is your room. A free bed and personal storage is there for you.
- After you complete the Dragonstone quest, you can now buy your first home in Whiterun. Its right next the armoury shop, with a forge
,grindstone, tanning rack, and smelter outside.
- easy smithing leveling trick: iron ingots + leather strips. make iron daggers over and over again. The store renews its stock
every 24 hours.
- Mines are a free way of getting ores to smelt into ingots. You'll usually find a pikaxe inside the mine. Watch out for monsters lurking inside!
- Make sure you update your game with the latest patch! the patch that updates your RAM usage to 4GB is a MUST!
- At level up, apply your skill points to the skills that you find most useful, before applying them to the "nice to haves" skills.
- buy and wear an Amulet of Mara. Talk to the shopkeepers in any store, to see if they are interest in marrying you. You marry him or her at
the Temple of Mara, located in Riften. Once you two are married, he or she will set up shop in your home or theirs. Every 24 hours you
get 100 gold as profit.
- Free steel arrows at the Archery Range in Solitude!
Mods and files
some of my favorites